Monday, November 26, 2012

A Gnome and other stuff ...

Hmmm. I didn't mean to, but I ended up knitting a few Christmas gifts anyway. I'm still at it, so today, to distract you, I'll show you something else.

This morning we woke up to a little snow. It's not much, but we'll take anything we can get.

November 26-morning

My birthday flowers this year, where two potted plants. Look at this wonderful Amaryllis! It had only buts when I got it, and right now, it has all FOUR blossoms all opened up. I took this picture earlier, because I was so amazed at how beautiful they are. The little white blossoms from the other one (which I don't know the name of) smell really strong.

birthday flowers-Amaryllis

My DD went to Vermont for a week and had fun felting this gnome with a friend while there. He's nameless, but so cute. I especially like the beard on it, but am still amazed that he was done just with fiber and a felting needle, not even wet felting!

Hannah's felted gnome

And this is what awaits me every night, when I go to sleep. The three Musketeers waiting for their Good Night treat. This photo was taken a year ago, but it still looks the same every night.

Maggie, Denny, Happy in my bed 2011

Well, I better get back to work. See ya! ♥

6 comments:

momsue84 said...

We received 6" of snow yesterday!! I just hope it continues all winter. We are so dry!! I would leap onto that bed with the 3 Muskateers every night and love every minute of it!! The flower and gnome are delightful!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love the sky in that first pic.
My bed looks pretty much the same at bed time- but with cats instead of dogs.

Lorraine said...

Monika- Those white blossoms are Paperwhite narcissus- and the smell isn't always to everyone's taste.

I love them, and force them every year along with hyacinths.

Anna M said...

Three dog night! We only have an antique double bed, not very big, and corgis take quite a bit more room than you would think. At least we are never cold in winter!

monica said...

I know all about not meaning to make Christmas gifts and then all of a sudden I have five projects on needles.

The pups have that "when are you coming to bed" look down-pat!

craftivore said...

Lovely critters on the bed, they do look expectant. You take great photos.