Monday, November 28, 2011

Old Broom

"A broom is a cleaning tool consisting of stiff fibers attached to, and roughly parallel to, a cylindrical handle, the broomstick. (Wikipedia)

I had a broom once, but somebody stole it from my front porch this weekend. Halloween is over, so who would do such a thing? It's not in a ditch down the road either. Hmm.

***

I'm starting to despair with the weather we are having. If only the ground would freeze up, but noooo, nothing but mud, and another three days of rain in the forecast. This could all be snow, this SHOULD be snow! It's driving me crazy. Twelve paws can do a lot of mud prints throughout the day. Sigh.

***
Happy Sept. 22
Happy was sleeping when I crept up to him to take a picture. His face hasn't adjusted from being pressed against the pillow yet.

Denny

This dog bed was once Maggie's, but she never liked it in her room. She found a better place, under the desk, where she feels comfortable. So I dragged it downstairs and put it up in my studio. This is important information for future blog posts!

Happy used to sleep on the wooden floor by the window. He immediately loved this bed, and so did Denny.

Nov. 5
In fact they love it so much, that they'll even share it. Of course it's not Happy's first choice, but Denny doesn't give a fig about it.

***

8 comments:

TracyKM said...

I call this "Mud Season". Drives me crazy too, and I have only one dog! He goes charging out the door to chase the squirrels, and heads right through a section of garden that doesn't have any sort of dead growth to cover the mud (well, it did have hostas, but I think he's shredded them with his claws).
I have a tall juice jug, which I fill with warm water, and each paw gets a dunk and scrub before coming in. One dog is enough for me in this season!

Sharon said...

I believe that Denny has no sense of 'personal space'! LOL

We've got warm and wet weather here in NYC too. I wouldn't mind it so much if there weren't mosquitos too! Sheesh!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

One more reason I'm glad I have indoor cats! I really hope we have snow for Christmas.

Love the boys!

Mr. Puffy said...

Awww. Love seeing the boys all snuggled in their beds :) Sorry about the broom - that is weird. Maybe an animal stole it? I can see a raccoon running down the street with it - LOL

Wishing it would rain down here....

Sheeprustler said...

Ooh I so love their squishy faces when they just wake up!!!!!

hannah said...

Don't you just love dogs! I am enjoying the stories very much. Funny how Happy looks while waking up. Ysja often looks the same way.

Carrie#K said...

Oh, mud. That's the problem with rain.

Too cute on the bunkmates!

2paw said...

I love Happy's scrunched up face and he looks a tad cross about sharing with Denny, who definitely could not care less!! Oh, eight muddy paws is enough for me so twelve must be terrible!!