Tuesday, September 27, 2011

WIP's

I have three works in progress at the moment. I'd like to work on all of them at once.

It' s been ages since I've knit something out of Knitty. Not that there was nothing I liked, but somehow I never got to anything, until I saw Apis Dorsata I had to cast on right away, and it's so much fun, that I put it away, because I want to savor the fun of knitting it. Does that make sense?
Apis Dorsata
I don't have an updated photo, that's just the beginning, but I'm further along now. I'm using Wollmeise!!! here, in the colorway Fratello, which came as a sock kit from Yarnissima.

At the same time I was waiting for the book Contemporary Irish Knits by Carol Feller to arrive, because I saw this shawl/blanket called Dangan (scroll down a bit until you see that golden shawl/blanket on stone) in it, and I really wanted to knit that one as well.

Dangan beginniing
I'm using Fishermen's Wool, I've had in my stash (bought for another blanket, which I never made). It's not exactly my favorite yarn though. It's low twist, easy split, and it smells sheepy.

I was knitting mostly Dangan the last few days, when yesterday, I got the message that I've won a prize in Through The Loops Summer shawl KAL. I could choose two of Kirsten's beautiful patterns, boy was that a hard choice!
In the end I choose Andrea's mitts, and Huarez hats. So, last night I've cast on Andrea's mitts, and finished one. That's a fast knit!

***
And here are some photos of the pups. Another of Denny's nick names is Q-Tip, because he's licking the others ears clean, whenever he feels like it.
July 17-3

July 17-2

July 17-4

July 17-5

July 17-6

10 comments:

2paw said...

Isn't it lovely when a new pattern grabs your attention?? Such a rich colour and the picture of the other shawl on the rock is lovely. Congratulations on your prizes!!
Denny is just being helpful, German Shepherds like to have clean ears and it must be his job!!

Sarah said...

I like sheepy smelling wool. That blanket is a clever pattern. I thought the dogs were sharing secrets...

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

Lovely work you do. What kind of yarn winder do you use to get a nice large ball like that?

Is that scotch tape on the corners of the blanket square? What is it used for? First time I have seen that and I am sure there is a great tip about using it. :)

Barb

lexa said...

That last picture is hilarious! It looks like he's saying, "Dang, you caught me!" lol

Unknown said...

did you see this
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dicke-decke-big-afghan

Sharon said...

Your WIPs look very interesting and I can't wait to see them finished. I love it when I love a pattern, and I do believe you can love it enough not to knit on a project. That's how I feel about some of my spun yarns. I keep them around like pets.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love that last picture of the pups - like they are saying "We're not being bad - honest!"

Susan said...

I somehow missed that pretty shawl pattern in the new Knitty. It looks like a fun knit.

I had a dog that cleaned ears. The others loved it. It looks like yours do too.

hannah said...

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. Straight lines for walking is typical for The Netherlands, every road, every track 'must' be straight. So I always like it when a path is not straight:-)

I love the pictures of your dogs (and also the knits of course). It must be so nice for them to live in a group. Sometimes I wished I had another dog as a friend for Ysja.

Virginia G said...

I love all your WIPs. That Wollmeise is gorgeous!

And yeah, I've been desperate to get my hands on a copy of Contemporary Irish Knits. That book looks awesome.