Friday, June 16, 2006

Some people pet their yarn!

On Fridays, when I go to the mail box, I'm always kind of sad, because, what if there is nothing in there? I'd have to wait until Monday for there to be the possibility of being mail in the box. But today - all was well. There was this little white envelope stuffed in there, rather unceremoniously, how could they? Don't they know? (Post Office and delivery people have NO feelings at all for what's important or not.)


Anyway - Artyarns SILK RHAPSODY has arrived!


To get back to my title. Guess what I'm doing right now?! With my right hand I'm pointing and clicking and with my left hand I'm petting the yarn!!! It doesn't look like it but it's sooooooooo soft!

The colores are pretty accurate. There's no white in it (which I would have liked), but I can live with that. It kind of reminds me of moss (or whatever that is), which grows on trees all over when they are old and maybe on the wheather side. It's silvery grey with green like this yarn. I've always liked the woods, they are cool (phantasizing about cool woodsy spots, since it's way to hot here for me.) That's why ...

I think this Silk Rhapsody could have come from one of my fir trees. I wish it would grow on the trees instead of those millions of pollinating fir cones.

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to knit with this yarn. It has to be something special since this yarn is very special to me.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Monika, that is some seriously nice yarn - it looks luxurious and I do love the colour! Very very nice. Can't wait to see it knit up (although I am sure photos will not do it justice)!

Ang said...

Hi there! I found your blog through the MD knitting group. The yarn you recently received is really pretty! I just ordered a kit for p90. Can't wait to start the project.

I just bookmarked your blog so I can visit regularly. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, this yarn is so absolutely gorgeous, it looks so luxurious and soft - no one can blame you for not being able to stop patting it! Now I'm really curious to see what you're going to make with it! Happy knitting!

Anonymous said...

I just realized that you're originally from Austria - well, then, Servus aus Innsbruck! :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous yarn- I'd be petting it, too! Enjoy! =)

Abigale said...

MMMMM - pretty! Very nice indeed Monika! I'm sure it will knit up beautifully - can't wait to see what you decide to do with it.

Abi

Melissa said...

So gorgeous! It looks so soft!

Anonymous said...

That is some gorgeous yarn! Can't wait to see what you make with it. Sometimes I find it hard to knit with really beautiful yarn. I stop too often to admire it!
Thank you for the link to the crochet bag pattern. I think I might try this one.

Midnight Purls said...

Hi! I found your blog from through the MD Knitalong. I recently bought a hank of the silk rhapsody as well while on a weekend get away. It was my souvenier yarn! It is stunning. I have no idea what I'm going to make with it either. It just seems to beautiful for everything I've come up with so far.

Can't wait to see what you knit up with it!

Knittypants said...

Your yarn is gorgeous, of course you have to pet it!